Good Candidate for Tip Rhinoplasty?

Hi, I am 26 years old and have always disliked the tip of my nose. I feel like it is too bulbous and takes away from the rest of my face. I am wondering (based on my pictures) if I would be a good candidate for tip rhinoplasty. I am not interested in a completely new nose-just a smaller tip. Also, what is the cost in California for this (im not rich)?! Thanks.

Good candidate for tip rhinoplasty?

Hello! Thank you for the question and photos. I believe that a rhinoplasty would certainly be a nice option for you in order to meet your goals and give better harmony to your face. The middle third of your face is dominated by your nose and some refinements made to create an aesthetically-pleasing nose for you and accentuate your periorbital region and cheeks/eyes.

Without an examination, it is difficult to give recommendations. However, refinement of the nasal tip are techniques that I would suggest, given your photos. Working on the tip of your nose would be most suited to meeting your desires and creating an appearance that you describe. Shortening of your nose with upturning of the tip would also improve the appearance and likely meet your goals. Consultation with a board-certified plastic and facial surgeon well-versed in rhinoplasty is recommended. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Yes, you are a good "tip" rhinoplasty candidate

Thank you for the question.  You could certainly get a great result from a rhinoplasty procedure focused on your nasal tip only.  Your plastic surgeon will also likely recommend a columella strut for tip support.  The price in california varies widely but most should be about 6-10 K.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tip Rhinoplasty will work great

Based on your photos, a tip rhinoplasty will likely work well for you. However, your internal airway must also be evaluated.  I would also suggest placement of a strut to your tip in order to allow adequate support and projection.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty surgery

Dear luvmyself2012,

• Yes, you can refine the tip alone and not touch the rest
  • The cost depends on what part of California you are in and how much of a change you would like
  • On realself, you can find out average prices for rhinoplasty in your area

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Tip Rhinoplasty

You are an excellent candidate for a limited rhinoplasty procedure to refine your nasal tip. Discuss your goals with an experienced surgeon.

Good Candidate for Tip Rhinoplasty?

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided the nasal tip does appear a bit wide.  A Closed Tip-Plasty, without a full Rhinoplasty could thin and refine the nasal tip.  Benefits are shorter surgery and recovery time versus complete Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.