Good Candidate for Tattoo Removal by Excision?

I have 5" by 5" tattoo on triceps area..can be excised in multiple times ?

Staged Tattoo Excision

Thank you for your question.  Staged Tattoo Excision where removal of the whole tattoo would leave a gap in the skin which could not be drawn together easily with stitches, staged surgery can be used. A comfortable amount of the tattoo is removed to allow stitching of the wound. A few months later, the surgical wound will be well healed and the skin will have stretched enough to allow a further portion of the tattoo to be removed.Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.All The Best 

London Plastic Surgeon

Consider laser tattoo removal

I would strongly recommend that you consult with a doctor who performs laser tattoo removal before having your tattoo surgically excised.  Though the process is longer, it is potentially much less deforming to have your tattoo removed with laser treatments.  I use the Astanza Trinity® technology, which is extremely effective.  The system is a combination of Nd:Yag Q-switch laser technology and Ruby laser technology, allowing it to work on all skin types to effectively, and permanently, removes all ink colors, including blues and greens. 

Dara Liotta, MD

Scars after tattoo excision

Serial excision could be an option. You will have to see a plastic surgeon and let them examine you to tell if you are a reasonable candidate for this option though. Issues like skin laxity/skin excess and location on the arm are all important. I would expect the scar to be quite noticeable though in this area.