I am 60 years old, 5'1 and 132 lbs. Would I be a good candidate for Cool Sculpting?

overall I am petite but have a very large midriff. I am large from just below my ribs to my hips. Never had children. Had two lipo suctions over the last 20 years but the fat came back.

Good candidate for Cool Sculpting

You seem to be a good candidate for coolsculpting. There is not age limit for coolsculpting, and we have gotten excellent results for patients into their 80s. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who can offer both coolsculpting and surgical options to understand your options, and choose the treatment plant that best meets your needs/objectives.

60 year old and candidate for Zeltiq

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq is a phenomenal procedure and age is not a consideration in treatment.  If you are in good health then you are a good candidate for the procedure.  I have had many patients in their 50's and 60's who have a "bulge" that they want to treat who have had great results with cool sculpting.  The abdominal area is the most popular area in this age group.  As with all cosmetic procedures please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cosmetic procedures for the best results.

Coolsculpting Assesment

A visual assessment is necessary to see if you are a good candidate, but the area that you mentioned is the most common area that I treat with Coolsculpting. A Coolsuclpting treatment will reduce about 20% of fat in the area treated. You will see the results typically between 2-4 months after the procedure, once your body naturally eliminates the destructed fat. Depending on how large your midriff is it may be necessary to re-treat the area for additional improvement 4 months after your first treatment. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this is the procedure for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool sculpting can be a good option.

Many thanks for your question." Thing is a technique used to reduce the fat in a specific area by 15 or 20%. It works for most patients however since you have had to like the suctions in the past it may be that you have scar tissue which might interfere with some of the procedure.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Would I be a good candidate for coolsculpting?

Coolsculpting is a great for removing unwanted fat cells permanently. The best candidates have fatty tissue that can be pulled away from the body. The tissue needs to be frozen between cooling plates in order to damage the fat cells and induce the process of apoptosis or programmed cell death. 
You may be a candidate. A simple consultation and physical examination will give you the answer.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting can permanently get rid of some fat cells

If fat comes back after liposuction, then it will come back after CoolSculpting. Fat cells are removed with liposuction and killed by CoolSculpting. If fat recurs, then it means that one is consuming more calories and/or not burning up enough calories with exertion and exercise. Both of these treatments are best used in ideal candidates who have trouble reducing the stubborn bulges of fat, such as the love handles or lower belly, despite working out and watching their calories.
If an applicator or several applicators were to be placed on you and found to fit well during CoolSculpting, you may see a reduction in the volume of fat but you must consume less calories per day than you did before the treatment, otherwise remaining fat cells will house the extra calories as fat. This applies to liposuction as well. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidate

It is very hard to determine if people are good candidates for coolsculpting without actually seeing them.  However, I have seen nice results in patients who have had liposuction in the past.  I would encourage you to find a doctor in your area that has coolsculpting and seek a consultation.  Often the consultation is free.

Heather Haley, MD
Mobile Dermatologic Surgeon

In order to decide whether you will be a good candidate for CoolSculpting you will need to have a personal consultation. CoolSculpting could be a solution for you but an in-person evaluation is necessary to determine if so.

CoolSculpting Candidates

There is no real way to give an exact determination of whether you are a suitable candidate for CoolSculpting without performing an in-person evaluation. However, if you are within 10-15% of your ideal body weight and have pinchable areas of stubborn fat that you can't get rid of with diet and exercise then the CoolSculpting procedure may be right for you. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Possible CoolSculpting candidate

You would need to be examined to determine if you might be a good candidate for CoolSculpting or not.  A petite size and age does not necessarily factor in to whether or not you might be a good candidate for the procedure.  You do need to have the presence of superficial fat around the abdomen and enough of it to be drawn into the applicator in order to obtain improvement.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon