What type of lip filler will I need to achieve fuller lips and how much lip filler per lip? Would I need a lip lift? (photos)

I have always wanted bigger and fuller lips, mine are very thin. I want temporary to see how they would look.

Type of Filler for Lip Augmentation

You have beautifully shaped lips that are on the smallish side.  You would be a great candidate for lip augmentation.  In regards to the type of filer to use, I only use hyaluranic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane Silk.  These products are the safest, and they are reversible.  

I prefer to use Restylane Silk for lip injections.  I think it creates the softest and most natural look.

I believe you should start with a single syringe and judge the results.  I believe in using a blunt tipped canulla to inject the lips to limit your bruising.

Lip fillers

If you have never had anything done before, I would recommend a hyaluronic filler such as Restylane or Juvederm to achieve your lip augmentation.  Although I am sure you will love it, these offer the advantage of being reversible if necessary.  I would recommend starting with a single syringe.  Good Luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

What type of lip filler will I need to achieve fuller lips and how much lip filler per lip?

Thank you for your photographs and questions.  Lip fillers are an excellent, but temporary, way of safely adding volume to lips.  Depending on how full you would like to make them, I would anticipate using about 1 syringe or less.  Hope this helps.  

Lip filler

Injectable fillers are a great way to improve the fullness or overall shape of the lips. Typically an HA (Hyaluronic acid) filler is used in the lips because of its soft and natural look and feel. Other options for the lips are fat grafting, implants or other tissue grafting.  Occasionally a lip lift can be done to show more of the red lip in patients with "thin lips". Determining which of these options would be best for you would require a personal exam of the face and lips.  When injections are done for lip augmentation, typically 1/2 to 1 syringe of filling agent is required.   Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

From Thin LIPS to Fuller Lips with Restylane or Juvederm!

Keeping the lips soft and supple while at the same time enhancing volume takes artistry!
I always tell my patients to not love or hate  their filler injections for 2 weeks before coming back for touch-ups!  If you lips require more than 1 syringe to get the plumpness you want, consider going 1-2 weeks apart for the full treatment so you will see the gradual smoothing as the swelling subsides.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician