Do you think I should get a nose job? Is my nose way too wide for my face? I feel it is way too big and bulbous (Photo)

here are all of the angles of my nose

Do you think I should get a nose job? Is my nose way too wide for my face? I feel it is way too big and bulbous

I have reviewed your photos and I would suggest thinning and narrowing and contouring the nasal tip.  Also, the base of your nose is very wide and could also be narrowed.

rhinoplasty for the wide nose and bulbous tip?

rhinoplasty for the wide nose and bulbous tip?  Because you have a short nose you need a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will reduce your bulbous tip and narrow your nasal bones without making the tip go  up. 

Rhinoplasty for a wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing a wide nose. To narrow the bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the nasal tip cartilages. To narrow the bridge line requires osteotomies placed in the  nasal bones. For many examples of narrowing a wide nose along with  more information, please see the link and the video below

Dear Marilyn.michelle, My personal opinion is that a rhinoplasty would nicely balance your facial features by reducing the bulbous tip and bringing better balance to your overall facial aesthetics. Whether you should get a rhinoplasty or not is a personal decision that only you can make. TI would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in rhinoplasty surgery. Have digital imaging performed to see realistic proposed results, review before and after photographs and then you can make a decision regarding moving forward or not with surgery. I have included a video above of a patient with similar aesthetics and a link below of many before and after photographs to show you how rewarding this procedure is for many young ladies like yourself. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Do you think I should get a nose job?

Thanks for the photos and your question.  It's much more useful to have a face to face meeting and exam but overall your nose is very nice and your profile is cute and feminine.  Your tip however is somewhat bulbous and this alone may warrant a procedure to provide refinement.  Only you can decide whether changing your tip is important and worthwhile.  Please remember that the smile muscles widen the nostrils for everyone and that this is a natural effect.  I also would recommend that you be at least 15 or better yet 16 before proceeding.  Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Nasal tip open rhinoplasty

All you need is an nasal tip open rhinoplasty to correct your bulbous tip; I would leave the rest of your nose alone. For ladies, we want to make sure that you are over the age of 16 prior to surgery, so that your nose has completed its growth.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Wide Nose, Bulbous Tip

A lady with a bulbous tip can have it narrowed and refined by removing excess cartilage and/or changing the contour of the cartilage using suture techniques. This will make the nose more feminine and proportional to her surrounding facial features. With these pictures and the lack of a profile view I cannot make any other suggestions. I need to see a full set of rhinoplasty pictures as described on my website.

About your nose and rhinoplasty

Dear Marilyn,
Yes i am a plastic surgeon and i do mostly nose operations.. We can find lots of problems at anyones faces.. But the most important thing is what you feel when you look at the mirror..
For my profession, yes we can make your nose smaller i think.. You have beautiful profile pictures.. From front yes especially the tip of your nose is bulbous and with an operation we can make it narrower than this.. But don't forget that you have a disadvantage of having thick skin type as well..
I hope i could help..

Dr. Hakan GENCE
Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon

Hakan Gence, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Nose job? Can't quite tell yet.

Thank you for posting the photos, but they aren't quite good enough to tell whether a rhinoplasty can make meaningful and predictable changes in your nose. The background of the photos is very light, and in comparison your face is darker and there is little contrast. Maybe try using a flash on the camera, and make the photos as large as you can.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon