I had some injected above my lip. Does it settle down after a few days?

I had an injection all around my lip two days ago and there is a place where it is visibly raised and puffy, does it settle down after a few days?

Swelling After Lip Injection

Any time one has an injection there is swelling.  This is especially true for the lips and it is even worse if a needle was used rather than a micro-cannula.  I inform all of my patients that they can expect swelling in their lips and other areas for at least 3 days and that swelling can last up to 14 days or more in some cases.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after injections -- reverse with hyaluronidase and do venus legacy

It would be helpful to see photos of your lip, or to know what you had injected. Without this information it is difficult to give treatment advice. I would suggest seeking an experienced cosmetic dermatologist for follow up care. Best, Dr. Emer