Do I need to lose 15 more pounds before I get a mommy makeover consultation? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 15
Congrats on the #weight you have lost already! Keep up the great work! The closer you are to your goal weight/ "normal" weight before your #mommymakeover surgery, the better. Having a healthy BMI prior to surgery will minimize #complications and give you the best possible #results.
Book an in-person consultation with a #boardcertified plastic surgeon for more information.
It is best to be at your goal/stable weight prior to surgery. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best of luck!
Mommy Makeover - Candidate? Still Need To Lose Weight?
You might also like...
MM and weight
Weight loss prior to mommy makeover
All the best,
Dr. Remus Repta
Weight loss prior to cosmetic surgery offers best results
Loosing another 15-20 will most likely eliminate the need for chin/neck lipo and improve overall results from TT and breast lift. Loosing the extra pounds won't cost $$, but extra lipo will. A TT with mesh reinforcement will ensure a long term flat tummy and a breast lift using The Horndeski Method will reshape and reposition your breasts high on your chest without the added risk/complications or maintenance associated with breast implants. Attached is a link explaining both techniques in detail. The video is of a woman who wanted a lift. No implants were used.
Abdominal contour improvement
Best of luck!
The time is right to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to plan for a mommy makeover. You appear to be a good candidate for a mommy makeover with your current weight but you can continue to lose weight to improve your results.
The tummy tuck will not remove the extra 10 lbs but like many of my patients you can continue to lose weight after surgery.
Best of luck!
Mommy make-over - should I lose the weight first?
- Your BMI is 28 - so you definitely can have a consultation now.
- You are at least twenty pounds over your normal weight, according to the CDC -
- So if you are going to lose the weight, it is better (not necessary) to lose it now -
- But you won't lose that much before August.
- I don't think the tummy tuck will remove 20 pounds of tissue - what looks like fat is mostly excess skin and bulging internal organs from loose muscle - this will be repaired at surgery.
- The liposuction and breast lift can almost certainly be done at the same time.
- So - yes, have a consultation. keep working on losing weight without dieting and make your plans!
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Ideal weight for surgery
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.