Is this the start of a double bubble? (Photos)

I am six weeks post op. My right breast is sore this morning. Maybe I slept wrong on my right side. When I lifted my arm to put on a sports bra, I noticed what looked like my implant sinking a little. It's the weekend. I will call my surgeon on Monday to check... I have managed to not call them during my entire recovery. I was hoping to keep this record! Thoughts?

Bottoming out?

From your photographs, it seems like you have normal healing. You are still in the. Of feeling where you can expect changes, especially in the lower part of the breast. It is good to see your surgeon and discuss this. They will probably be able to give you a good assurance that you are healing normally.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Not a double bubble

From your photographs, your results look quite good to me. The right implant may have settled a little lower than the left but does not have a double bubble configuration. If you are my patient, I would just keep an eye on it and asked that you wear a more supportive bra when you can. Follow up with your plastic surgeon for their advice. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

What is a double bubble?

A double-bubble occurs when there are two distinct and parallel creases beneath the breast.
1. The higher crease is the natural fold of the sagging breast that has not been treated by breast lift.
2. The lower crease is the new fold that occurs at the lower border of the breast implant.
Double-bubbles may occur when:     
1. The breast is saggy (ptotic) before surgery.   
2. The breast sagging is not addressed by surgery (i.e. no breast lift has been performed).
3. The implants are placed in a subpectoral (below muscle) position
4. The lower border of the pectoralis major muscle is aggressively released.
You do not have a double-bubble at this juncture.  You are simply experiencing normal settling of your implants.  If you are happy with your implant positions, you should be wearing a bra 24/7 for the first 6 months after surgery to stabilize your implant positions.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Some Implant Settling: Not a Double Bubble

It's normal to see a bit of the implant contour just below the suture line, without actually forming a double bubble.Do check in with your surgeon.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is this the start of a double bubble?

Congratulations on your recent surgery.
Implants settle for the first 3-6 months after surgery. A small lowering of implant position, is not uncommon. It does not appear that you have a double bubble.
Of course, it's always a good idea to discuss these issues with your surgeon.