Will my right hopefully end up like my left? (Photos)

I am three weeks post op with 385cc Sientra textured HP implants. I am left handed so my left has always been bigger than my right. I am hoping for my right to end up like my left. I don't believe that textured implants drop or change dramatically is that accurate? Is it more likely that my left will get smaller?

Will my right hopefully end up like my left?

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
Sometimes, one or both breasts implants do not settle as planned and revisionary breast surgery becomes necessary to improve the outcome. On other occasions, if the long-term breast asymmetry is mild ( understanding that absolute symmetry is very rarely achieved), patients will need to decide whether proceeding with revisionary breast surgery is worth the potential downsides associated with additional surgery.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Minor asymmetry after surgery

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations, from what I can see, you have a very nice result at 3 weeks.  It is still very early in your healing process, so you will not see the final result for 3-6 months.  I would expect that you will always have minor asymmetry between the two breasts.  Good luck.  

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Swelling post surgery

Hello Roadrunner16,
Thank you for your question and photos. Being that you are only 3 weeks post surgery, it is same to assume that the larger breast appearance is due to swelling. Also, being that you are left handed, that may also contribute to the size. Rest assure that swelling take several weeks to subside and you will notice a difference in the upcoming weeks. Also, textured implants do assist with the placement and in most cases, wherever the breast pocket was formed is where the implant with settle. Give it some time, if the size of your breast do not improve with time, I would consult with your plastic surgeon for his professional opinion. Good luck!

Dr. Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about asymmetric sizes

are certainly valid but if everything was equal before your procedure, then they are expected to be equal in the end and you just have to give it time.  If you don't end up perfect, then you have to decide if its worth it to pursue corrections from fat grafting the smaller side to downsizing the implant on the larger side.  Overall, your early results are very good.  So focus on healing, make sure your surgeon is aware of your concerns, and revisit this when you're post-op photos are taken.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will my right look like my left?

HI Roadrunner,

It is a little early yet to say what your final result will be. Please just wait for a few months
for the swelling to decrease. Wear a good support bra so that neither breast will shift too much. It might not be a bad idea for you to see your plastic surgeon as well to discuss your concerns. Overall, I think that you are doing just fine.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Dear Roadrunner16,
You will hear this from everyone, but you are still way too early to be getting worried about perfect symmetry. It may be 6 months or more before you can appreciate your final result. You will likely (as is true for every patient) end up with a little asymmetry, but it will bother you far less as time goes on. You look great!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon