What's the best treatment for getting rid of flabby arms and thighs? (photos)

I'm a 33 y/o woman, 167cms, around 95kg, and have an active job. Ever since I was little, I've had flabby arms and big thighs! My Dad and his mother have the same thing. No matter how much weight I lost, I still had the same problem. I don't eat badly due to allergies (nightshades, dairy, gluten sensitivity). My thighs are esp getting in the way of general bathroom visits and sex. They cover the area all the time. I'm not looking for the stereotypical "thigh gap" just want to approve my health

Hi. You wont like hearing this but the best thing you can do for your health is to lose weight. Body mass index is a ratio of your height and weight. Your BMI is 34. There is very good evidence that a BMI above 30 has very high complications from surgery. My advice is to lose 10-15 kgs first and then you will be a good candidate for surgery. Remember that liposuction, arm and thigh lifts are body contouring procedures and not weight loss procedures. Regards damien

Arm lift for flabby arms and thighs

Thank you for asking about your arms and thighs.
  • Your photos suggest that a combined liposuction and arm lift is what you need there.
  • Without a thigh photo, one can only guess but it sounds as though liposuction might be the answer.
  • So find a good plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust -
  • Then if you feel surgery is right for you, enjoy the results on the Gold Coast beaches!
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Brachioplasty probably a better choice than liposuction alone in this particular case.

Because of the apparent surplus of loose skin I think a more formal brachioplasty would be a better choice than liposuction alone for the arms. There no pictures of the thighs a thigh lift is only indicated in my opinion when the skin is extremely excessive.

Arm Lift / Arm Liposuction

Thanks for your question. An arm lift can eliminate the appearance of "bat wings" (the loose skin which hangs from the upper arms), reduces the excess accumulation of fat which can give the arms a flabby appearance, and helps tighten the skin and the underlying supportive tissues. If you are considering plastic surgery, please do thorough research and find a board certified plastic surgeon. Be sure to look at the before/afters on the website, check their board certification on the American Board of Plastic Surgery website, and it's a plus if the surgeon is a member of ASAPS and/or ASPS.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Arm lift vs liposuction

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Regular liposuction will make worse the flabby condition of your arms. Based on your photos, Laser lipo could be a good procedure to significantly improve the fat volume and skin tone, with lesser time down and no scars.

Arm lift will give you the best result, however the time down in increased.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Arms brachioplasty not liposuction

Thank you for the photographs of your arms. I would advise surgical removal of the excess tissue with an arm reduction (or brachioplasty). I think it is unlikely that liposuction will achieve a good result because it will leave excess skin.

I can not comment on your thighs with photographs.

There is no substitute for a consultation with a suitably qualified and experienced plastic surgeon.

Good luck with your investigations about surgery.

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Arm/thigh lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although I cannot comment on your thighs without photos or more importantly, an in-person evaluation, it does not appear that liposuction of your arms alone will give you your desired result.  Liposuction will remove fat but your arms will continue to sag even worse.  I think the best course of action would be for you to undergo an arm lift.  However, this can only be confirmed upon an in-person evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

What's the best treatment for getting rid of flabby arms and thighs?

Based on the photos of your arms, it seems like an arm lift (brachioplasty) with liposuction might be a good option.  This is because you have loose, hanging skin which can only be eliminated if cut out.  Sucking fat out will only make it more loose and hanging.  As far as the thighs go, I can't tell without a photo.  If you have loose hanging skin along your inner thigh, you may be a candidate for a thigh lift, provided your weight is stable and you're not a smoker.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you further.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS