Tight feeling under breast, 4 days post-op BA. Is this normal?

Hi is it normal to get a tight feeling below your breast where incision has been made. I feel like a tight bra has been cutting into me and bruising my rib cage, Is this normal? 4 days post op.

IMF Tightness

Thank you for your question. What you are describing is typically related to deep, internal sutures used to secure the breast fold and close the pocket. This should gradually relax over the next few weeks as swelling resolves. I recommend that you talk with your Plastic Surgeon about your concerns so that they can reassure you.

All the best

Breast augmentation recovery

The sensations you are experiencing are a normal part of recovery.  Soreness and tightness will be present for several weeks.  I encourage you to share your concerns with your plastic surgeon as he/she is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how you've been progressing through recovery.  It will take 3-6 months before you are fully healed.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon