Rhino and poor breathing.

I'm told I have both allergic and non-allergic rhinitis. It runs 24/7, and I get a swelling at night and when I try to exercise. It's very difficult to get a good breath in before my nostrils seal over. Could cosmetic changes (eg narrowing of the bridge) increase allergy symptoms/further close my nostrils? Are there methods which can prevent my nostrils from closing when I inhale? One nostril closes completely and the other halfway - my nose "twists" when I breath in and the nostrils close up.

Rhinoplasty both Aesthetic and Functional

Rhinoplasty surgery can not only improve the look of your nose, but also its function, allowing you to breath with more ease. I would definitely advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty to be assessed in person. The surgery could be life altering for you.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Creating a good looking nose that moves air...

It is all good and well to have a beautiful nose, but the nose does serve us a function, and that is to move air through!

Care must be taken during any rhinoplasty surgery to do what is necessary to hold the airways open and sometimes bolster the cartilages structurally with grafts (taken from inside the back of the nose) to make sure the air moves freely, even during forceful inspiration.

The reactivity of the mucosal lining of your nose (that causes rhinitis) will still be the same after surgery but overall the aperture (airway dimensions) and structural rigidity of the nostrils can be improved to help your breathing and the collapse you are experiencing when you inhale.