Drop and fluff?! will my breasts look bigger and fuller after they drop? (photos)

Extremely happy with bl/ba but wishing I went bigger!! I had my bl/ba two weeks ago I am very happy with results,love the shape and my new nipples but only concern is I feel as if the size isn't as big as I hoped for, when I wear a singlet or shirt I don't look any differed than I did before surgery. My question is do the implants get bigger as they drop and fluff? I have noticed they have changed everyday and I am happy with everything apart from the size. Will I need a revision with bigger implants? Or will they get bigger after they drop and fluf

Recovery post breast implant lift surgery

Hi there,

I think you have a very nice, natural, full looking result that is proportional to your chest dimension and body frame.

Size of implants can be influenced by the amount of tightening in the breast lift component and the amount of breast skin & tissue removed. Quite often it is not wise to have excessively large implants in these settings as  they will only stretch the tissue and the associated scars. It is a fine balance with the right tension in achieving the most elegant and optimal surgical result in breast implant lift surgery.

It is also too premature to consider or even entertain the idea of revision at this early stage. It is always wise to allow time for things to settle, both your breasts and yourselves, as you adjust to your new self after your breast enhancement procedure. It usually takes 3-6 months for the final surgical outcome to eventuate and 6-12 months for all the healing and scarring to fully mature. If you're still dissatisfied with your surgical outcome at that stage, you should communicate your concerns and desires with your surgeon accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Ellis Choy

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although you wish that you had gotten larger implants, it was wise to go with ones that are modestly sized as to not "undo" the results of your breast lift.  As more time passes, swelling will reduce and you breasts should drop a bit further into place.  You should not consider a revision at any sort until the three month mark, at which you should have a realistic idea of what your final result will be.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Drop and fluff?! will my breasts look bigger and fuller after they drop?

Thank you for your question and pics.  Congratulations on your surgery!  You look great!  Not sure what size implants were used, but they look appropriate for your frame.  When gravity pulls your tissue down over time, it doesn't alter the size of your implants; those are a set size.  As things settle down over time, you will begin to appreciate the real shape of your breasts.  Give yourself about 3-6 months before you rush to any decision about your breasts.  There are some restrictions on the size of the implant chosen based on your breast dimensions.  Choosing an implant too large can thin out your tissue/skin and distort your breast.  Be sure to express your concerns and opinions to your surgeon and if you're still not satisfied after a period of time, you can discuss the possibility of revision / larger implants.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that you look very nice and beautiful, it is true that your breasts are a little saggy after your surgery, but that can happen because of the skin elasticity, you can get a revision to lift your breasts, you look beautiful, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD