Day 2 post op breat lift and augmentation but bra is super tight and uncomfortable??

I was just wondering if i am able to go one night with my compression bra? I still have my bandages wrapped right around me, they come off tomorrow, the discomort of having tight bandages and a tight compression bra on is just to much and i feel its actually starting to hurt my back so i was wondering if it would do any harm for just this one night to sleep without the bra?

Contact your doctor

This would be a decision for your operating surgeons office. Everyone has different post op instructions and their reasons for them. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, MD. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay 

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastaugmentation

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Day 2 post op breast lift and augmentation but bra is super tight and uncomfortable?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, I do not recommend to remove the bra at any time for the first three months. Do not take them of to sleep, your implants can move.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Day 2 post op breat lift and augmentation but bra is super tight and uncomfortable?

Thank you for your question. Certainly it is best to follow your surgeons instruction in the post operative period. Saying that compression bras usually do not cause too much discomfort and most patients find them relatively comfortable. If you have a change in the feel or pain associated with your breasts it may be worth contacting your surgeon and discussing with them directly. 

Regards

Dr guy Watts

Breast augmentation - bra too tight

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Please contact your surgeon -
  • Painful bandages can damage your healing.
  • S/he may want you to unwrap the bandage and to cut the bra.
  • If you cannot reach your surgeon, unwrap the bandages and loosen the bra or cut the band to the point of comfort.
  • I would not, this early after surgery, take the bra off but it must be comfortable.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Op Discomfort

It is typical for swelling to peak a couple of days after surgery and the bra and bands will become tight. I recommend that you call your Plastic Surgeon to talk about adjusting/alternatives to make you more comfortable.

All the best

Given your concerns, you'll be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Each surgeon has there own post-op instruction.

I recommend to avoid underwire bras for at least the first three months after surgery.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post-op care

Hi, Heidimikayla

Although I have my patients wear tight surgical bra, it should not be so tight that you are miserable.  Please contact your plastic surgeon for his/her recommendation.

Good luck with your recovery.

Bra or None?

Personally, I tell my patients that the bra is totally up to them, and comfort is priority #1, however every surgeon is different and you should not do anything without informing/asking your surgeon.  He will be happy to hear from you and he will be grateful you are asking about the appropriate way to expedite your recovery post op.

Christopher C. Chang, MD 

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Ask Your Surgeon

Don't hesitate to contact your surgeon.  He is the best one to answer your question.  Best wishes in your recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD