Going to Be Going for a Consultation in the Next Few Months, Suggestions and Advice? (photo)

I've lost 122 pounds and i'm extremely unsatisfied with parts of my body. My breasts (once a 42D, currently a 36B) have pretty much deflated. I have a lot of loose skin on my stomach, as well as my thighs. It all just makes me incredibly uncomfortable. The problem is, i'm 20 and will be having children in the next 5 years. I get the logic behind waiting, but i'm so unhappy with how my body looks -- unhealthily unhappy. Any advice regarding this as well as suggestions on what to have done?

The Impact Of Pregnancy On Massive Weight Loss Surgery

Massive weight loss can cause significant amounts of redundant saggy skin. This phenomena can affect almost any area of your body. Your pictures suggest that you have developed redundant abdominal wall tissue which extends posteriorly as a roll of skin and fat across your back. This is probably associated with buttock sag. In addition, you have loss of breast volume with associated breast sag.

There's no question that these problems can adversely impact self-esteem and self-image. For this reason, many patients are motivated to have corrective surgery. In this case, lower body lift surgery performed in combination with breast lift and breast augmentation is appropriate.

The vast majority of patients who are considering pregnancy should delay this procedure until they're done having children. Pregnancy would in all likelihood reverse the results of these procedures. With this said, it's important to understand that no two patients are ever alike. They all have unique aesthetic goals, anatomic findings and social situations.

When quality of life is severely impacted by this condition, it may be reasonable in some cases to perform this type of procedure prior to pregnancy. This might result in the need for revisional surgery at a later date if the patient would subsequently become pregnant.

If you're considering this type of procedure and pregnancy at a later date, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Body contourig

Ideally you want to be done with having more babies before doing breast and tummy tuck surgery.

However you seem to be very unhappy, and that comes through your description.

unfortunately if you do the tummy tuck and breast lift/ augment now , you may need more surgery after the delivery and breast feeding.

I have many patients who had a tummy tuck or breast augmentation and got pregnant without ant diffculty.

Your abdomen may be a challege, it looks you have vertical and horizantal laxity of the skin and you may need a Flur de Lis abdominoplasty for optimal results.

You may have a tummy tuck with no muscle work, your stomack seems flat.

Cobsult a plastic surgeon

Unhappy with Body Image

I can see your concerns, and you would be a great candidate for a mommy makeover surgery. However, if you are considering children in the future you should wait until you are done as your body will change. You can have surgery before this, but you run the risk of needing a full revision procedure after your subsequent pregnancies. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

What to do after weight loss

There are so many options for correcting the breast and skin excess after significant weight reduction it will help you to have a budget and a plan. We often ask individuals what the biggest conern is and try to focus on that area taking things one step at a time. It is not unreasonable to correct your abdomen, but perhaps an implant to restore volume loss in the breast will help make improvements with the smallest 'trade off'.