Under eye crease at 21? (Photo)

I have had these lines under my eyes almost my entire life, I try everything including treatments and a great skin care routine, having at least 8 hours sleep every night, drinking 2.5lt of water a day, exercising regularly and I eat extreamly well (I am in the fitness industry) why are hey so stubborn and why don't I see them on many people my age? Or is it just my face?

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. You are seeing volume loss in your "tear trough" area, which is generally due to age and genetics. This is one of my favorite areas to treat with fillers, as the results are instant and dramatic enough to improve one's overall appearance, but, if done well, subtle enough that it will not be obvious that something was done. In this area I prefer to use hyaluronic acid fillers. Softer HA fillers such as Belotero are very forgiving and can be used to achieve a very natural result, but some of my patients find that their results with these products do not last as long as they would like. I have therefore started using more Restylane in the tear trough areas, given it gives a response that is both natural looking and somewhat longer-lasting than some other products. I like to stay away from the heavier, more volumizing fillers (such as Voluma), given these products tend to attract more water and produce visible fullness in this delicate area. I tend to use blunt cannulas, as I find this results in less discomfort and bruising. If you decide to get treated, make sure you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon with a lot of experience with this procedure. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon