Seeking more defined jaw line, is Smart Lipo best option? (photo)

I feel like my profile is still weak even after having a chin augmentation a couple years ago. Is smart lipo the best option to get more definition along my jaw and neck? I am 110 lbs but still have this extra fullness there

Thank you for your question. You are an ideal candidate for Kybella, the first and only-FDA approved injectable to effectively remove submental fullness (double chin) due to submental fat. While SmartLipo is used mainly for the cheek area, Kybella targets the neck fat to create a more defined jaw and neckline. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!  

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Seeking more defined jawline

Hello Bestself22!

Thank you for a great question.  The extra fullness under the chin, and its impact on the profile is a concern that I see a lot in my practice.  I perform a laser procedure to not only contour the fat, but tighten the skin which can have great results for both the neck and the jawline.  See "26 year old with slight double chin" in my reviews.  I hope this helps!  I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic specialist to address your concerns.  

All my best!  Dr. Elizabeth

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only an opinion.  See in person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Seeking more defined jaw line, is Smart Lipo best option?

Without an in-person evaluation, it is hard to give specific suggestions but there are options: Ulthera or lipo (including SmartLipo, also called Laser Lipo). Kybella is possible but not as useful. If you are younger and have good skin tone, regular lipo may be enough. If you need to tighten the skin, SmartLipo can be done. 

See link below for examples.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Laser Jawline

Hello! Thank you for your questions and photos. I would avoid laser liposuction above the jawline to minimize the chances of a transient or permanent injury. You will benefit most from laser liposuction under the chin. Fat removal in this area will redefine your jawline and you could have tremendous results! 

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Chin / Neck Liposuction

Thanks for your question. I love using Smartlipo for this part of the anatomy. It tends to work very well w/ minimal downtime and risk. It takes a solid 3 months to really see the end results. It can provide an improved contour, especially on profile. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

More Defined Jaw line

Dear Bestself22,

Thank you for your picture.  I agree with Dr. Eppley, that bony augmentation (sliding genioplasty) with neck liposuction including Smartlipo® may be more beneficial.

Good luck

Smartlipo chin/jowl area!

Smartlipo is a minimally invasive procedure that melts the fat in the desired area, tightens the skin, and removes that fat completely out of your body! Smartlipo is also a shaping and contouring procedure. The laser will be able to define your jawline  and shape it the way you desire! This procedure is permanent and destroys 60-70% of those fat cells,smartlipo is a one time treatment. I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Benefits of Smart lipo to neck and jawline

Thank you for this wonderful question! Laser assisted smart liposuction is ideal for contouring the jaw line and neck area. This procedure is able to be performed under local or general anesthesia. Minimal downtime, scarring that is the size of a puncture wound easily hidden in the natural contours of the jawline, along with a beautiful result are just a few of the benefits in laser assisted smart liposuction to the neck and jawline. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo for neck

Smart Lipo is an easy procedure which can be done under local in the office to enhance your neck and jawline. Similar results can be obtained by Vaser ultrasound liposuction.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.