Questioning my primary doctor about Lipoma. Any suggestions?

I asked my doctor what he thought about getting my Lipoma removed he is the one who diagnosed it. He told me normally they don't do anything with them. But I told him mine got bigger and hurts so hoping he refers me to surgeon. Is that true they don't do anything? I have read several stories where they do remove them if bothersome. Thank you for your answers

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Some lipomas are symptomatic or painful and should be removed with surgery. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Lipoma Questions

Thank you for sharing your question.  Your primary care doctor is correct in that 99% of the the time lipomas do not cause any health issues.  They can grow large enough to create a cosmetic problem or some mild discomfort in which case surgical removal is curative.  Hope this helps.

Lipoma Questions