Should I keep losing weight for a BBL? (Photos)

I lost 20lbs with just eating healthy I'm currently 5'1 157lbs. My ideal goal is to be at 125 after the procedure. I was thinking of being at 135 before I get a bbl done. Im really wanting to get my stomach down and I am willing to put it in the work but I also want A big butt. Are my goals realistic? Should I keep losing weight?

BBL and weight

I recommend that my patients be at their comfort weight when undergoing BBL. Your comfort weight is the weight where you do not have to change your lifestyle to maintain. This weight is where you body wants to be so this provides your surgeon the opportunity to sculpt you at a weigth that you going to maintain.

Losing weight before a BBL

Hello, thanks so much for your pictures and your inquiry. I would say that you are an excellent candidate for the procedure, it seems that you have a good amount of fat to give you the volume you are looking for. Although it is recommended to keep the weight as much as possible after your procedure in order to keep the results too. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Should I keep losing weight for a BBL?

It's a good question. I would definitely discuss this with your plastic surgeon. They are most familiar with your goals and the amount of fat you currently have to transfer. They will be able to tell you what weight they would like you to be at the time of your surgery.

Weight loss before Brazilian

Congratulations on your good work of losing weight. It's generally best to be as close to your ideal body weight as possible. It may be difficult to get enough fat for an ideal Brazilian.

Still you have to decide what is an over all good weight for you long term. You will not achieve your goal pictures by having a single standard Brazilian regardless of who does the work.  Be careful of doctors who show early after pictures depicting before and after results.  Final results take at least six months.  A few weeks after a Brazilian most patients have very impressive results that then shrink over several months. My practice is focused exclusively on liposuction and fat transfer.  I suggest now would be a good time to start consulting with board certified plastic surgeons who have experience with this procedure.  Once you have picked the right plastic surgeon he or she can help guide you as to the best body weight and go over realistic expectations.  Best, Mats Hagström, MD 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. From the information you provided above, your current BMI is 29.7.  For health and safety reasons, I recommend that patients have a BMI less than 30 or be within 10 pounds of their goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon