Capsular contracture non surgical treatment, Grade II?

I am 2 months post-op of my capsulectomy, this is my 4th surgery overall including augmentation, lift, and 2nd capsulectomy. I'm already showing signs of another capsular contracture, grade II. I'm looking for alternative treatment hoping to avoid a 5th surgery. Does anyone know of any decompression massaging around Glendora (LA County) ? I've called numerous places and can't find a place or person who specializes or understand why I need that type of massage therapy. Any other recommendations?

Non surgical CC treatment

Non-surgical management includes prophylactic massage to prevent it and if it occurs, the use of certain anti-asthma medications: Singulair and sometimes Acculate as off-label FDA usage to treat Capsular Contracture and in some cases of recurrence of capsular contracture in a preventative fashion. In my experience this works best for early diagnosed early contractures and used as a prophylactic, perioperatively when doing a capsular contracture surgery. The price for capsular contracture surgery varies greatly by geographical location, experience of the surgeon, whether in an outpatient surgery center vs hospital (hospital more expensive), type of breast implant, whether it is ruptured or not, estimated length of operating room time, and other factors.

Always insist on a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!

Is there a non-surgical treatment of capsular contracture?

I have had some success with using ultrasound treatment for capsular contracture. You may want to check with a physiotherapist in your area if they offer this.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Recurrent capsular contracture

Thank you for your question.  This can be a tough problem, especially if it is recurring over a short period of time from a previous surgery.  Unfortunately medications don't work well, can be expensive and when you stop them, the process will continue or speed up.  Massage can help for sure and your best bet to do at home.  Use of ADM's are a great option if you would only require another revision (lets hope not).  Seri mesh doesn't quite work in the same way but there are some options if you want to try to keep the implants.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical

if treated early, Accolate or SIngulair may benefit you. Aggressive massage, medical treatment and ultrasound have been shown to help as well.

The Aspen System has been shown to be effective in some people--it's probably owrht a try.

Use of an ADM would be useful ONLY if you require another surgery, and I wouldn't NOT do it.

Best.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

CC

Thank you for your question and I have never had a recurrence of capsular contracture using an ADM or Seri.  Find an expert in you area who has experience with its use!

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Non surgical options

I have had success with aggressive nonsurgical management of capsular contraction.  This includes medicine, massage, and ultrasound treatments.  It is best used early.  We use the Aspen system.  Please look up Aspenaftersurgery.

Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

No non surgical alternatives

Unfortunately it sound like you will need another surgery to correct the problem. Use of a dermal matrix like strattice in addition to use of a textured implant should decrease your risk of another problem with your implants. good luck

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture

I appreciate your question.
CC is a best treated surgically. If youve already had it twice before, the use of a dermal matrix all decrease the risk of future CC.
I have never had a recurrent CC when using it.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Recurrent capsular contracture

We have recently begun to use the technique called acoustic sound waves therapy. The machine is called Z Wave and uses linear soundwaves to massage and hopefully stretch the tight breast capsule. Thus far, we've usd it on only one patient but with excellent success. It's mostly iused to treat cellulite and as adjuvant therapy to cool sculpting. Try to find a practice in your area that has this technology and see if they're willing to try this on you. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS