What do you do when you have no trust in your cosmetic dermatologist?

I had 1 syringe of boletero for what I believed was tear trough..but the doctor instead placed it in my cheeks and some in the tear trough. When I explained to her that I see no difference, she seems defensive and every time I make follow-up appointments with her to talk, she seems fake, rushed and finally said that she might not be the right doctor to help me get to my goal? After the fact on the phone she said that I may need up to a total 3 syringes.

Belotero and tear troughs

A hyaluronic acid such as Belotero can work well to camouflage tear troughs in the proper patient.  Fillers work in a dose-dependent manner, meaning that a small wrinkle or slight tear trough depression requires less filler volume to correct than a deeper line.  
That being said, if you have no trust in your treating physician, you would be best served in finding another doctor.  Medicine and aesthetics are both a team effort, and you need to feel comfortable working with your physician towards a common, realistic goal.  Best of luck.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Trust In Your Physician, Seek Another

The aging process is dynamic and always changing, often you need more than one syringe to get improvemnet in any area of treatment.  I suggest you go to a dermatologist who will address your needs/concerns and be there for you all steps of the way.  But you should have realistic expectations about the results and future treatments needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

In Experienced Hands Belotero Balance Works Well For Tear Troughs

It should go without saying that trust in one's treating physician is a necessary prerequisite for a successful doctor-patient relationship. That trust should not only be in the knowledge, experience and skill of the physician, but in the person himself/herself.

From the description here, it certainly seems that these fundamentals are now lacking and that it would be wise going forward to seek consultation and treatment elsewhere by a board certified aesthetic physician with whom you can establish a more reassuring professional relationship.

That having been said, vis-a-vis Belotero Balance, I have been using it with gratifying results for several years for treating undereye tear troughs, circles, bags, and hollows in my Upper East Side Manhattan office. Its cohesive nature allows it to flow smoothly within tissue and it possesses the additional advantage of having little to no tendency to give rise to the unwanted, bluish Tyndall Effect when injected into the delicate tissues under the eyes. Normally about a syringe is sufficient to do the job. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency fillers are available, I typically opt for Teosyal Redensity II for these purposes). 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cosmetic Dermatology

I suggest you get another consultation with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist.  You should definitely get another opinion since you have questions that have not been answered.  Belotero is excellent under the eye area but 3 syringes sounds like a lot of product.  Best, Dr. Green