Is it true that restalyne is a more vicious under-eye filler and you will swell up after?

Why is Restalyne used more in offices that Boletero?

I appreciate your question.

No that is not true.  Juvederm is the most hydrophilic (attracts the most water causing swelling).  Restylane Silk and Belotero are hydrophobic (they have the least water holding capacity so cause the least swelling).  Restylane is in the middle of Juvederm and Restylane Silk and Belotero.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Choosing an under eye Filler

Choosing the bet under eye fillers depends on how deep the tear trough area is and the shape of your eyes.  Restylane can swell a little more than Belotero but both are very effective.  I use both depending on the individual patient.  Best, Dr. Green

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Juvederm has the most water holding capacity, restylane silk and belotero have the least and restylane plain, voluma are in between.  I suggest you see an expert who can address your concerns individually and pick the best option for you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane and Belotero both work well for filling the undereye area

Both Belotero and Restylane are good products to use in the undereye. I've found that Juvederm can occasionally cause prolonged swelling in this area. Undereye injections come with a higher risk of swelling and bruising. There is no specific technique or product that will completely eliminate that risk, unfortunately. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon