Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and wide nostrils? (Photo)

I dislike my nose's bulbous tip and wide nostrils. In the second picture, you can see the shadow of its conical shape. The 4th is my profile, and the 5th is how I'd like my profile to look. Basically what I want is to reduce the tip, nostril width, and also lower the bridge a tiny bit so that the slope looks smoother. Would this be possible for my nose? I also attached noses I really like. I really love Dr. Grigoyants and Dr. Levin (he's Russian)'s work as well.

Conflicting Desires

You are a very attractive female and your desire to narrow your bridge is realistic and obtainable yet the desired set back of your tip, which you have pictured, is not a good idea. There is an ideal naso-facial angle which measures the projection of the tip of the nose off the plane of the face [a line drawn from the chin to the forehead]. Your present naso-facial angle is more ideal than your second morphed profile that shows a tip with decreased projection. If you go that route, not only will your nose look under-projected, but your goal to have a narrower appearing nose from the front view will be compromised. The first picture shows a somewhat wide tip [although you are very pretty] which will appear even more wide if you find someone to set back your tip. Be very careful and a Plastic Surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or an Otolaryngologist/Facial Plastic Surgeon should discuss these conflicting goals with you. My inclination would be to narrow your bridge and your tip yet maintain your beautiful tip projection and I would recommend doing it via closed rhinoplasty.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Nasal Tip and Wide Nostrils

The best recommendation for a rhinoplasty surgery is to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty to reduce the bulbous tip

Rhinoplasty to reduce the bulbous tip can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach by making  the changes with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose . Suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal are applied to the nasal tip to reduce the bulbous tip An alar-plasty is performed to narrow wide nostrils. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip and Wide Nostrils

You're rhinoplasty goals seem very realistic which can be achieved with a closed procedure. Consult with experienced rhinoplasty specialists whose results you like.

Thank you for the question and I would go on some complimentary consultations where they will take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input till you see the nose on your face that you desire.  That way you will know what is and what is not possible and will be able to check out photos and see if the expert you are seeing was able to accomplish what was promised with other patients.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Your tip refinements and your desired bridge are all very achievable.  From the pictures, they can be done with a closed rhinoplasty which will heal more quickly.  During the in-office exam, we will go over the exact details as to what YOU want.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Dear bluespecks98, You should be an excellent candidate as the imaging photographs that you show can be attainable via rhinoplasty surgery. Seek some consultations with experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. To attain your desired nose the surgeon will reduce the dorsum, narrow the bridge, refine and slightly rotate the tip. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Thanks for your photos and question. Overall you are starting with a good nose and sounds like you want some refinement to the tip and bridge. Based on the photos I think you can make good improvement with a rhinoplasty. Obviously, you can't have someone else's nose but it gives an idea of what you like. lowering the bridge slightly and narrowing the tip and nostrils is reasonable goal. See a facial plastic or a plastic surgeon who does rhinoplasty for a consultation. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

The changes to your nose are very much possible with rhinoplasty.  These are common changes that many people want made and I think you'll be very happy with your result.  Just make sure you do your homework about choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon.