Do some patients switch doctors if they are not happy with their results or treatment?

I went to a doctor for boletero under the eyes, which did not show any difference 2 weeks ago, she told me that I may need 3 syringes for a full correction, but what is odd is when I see her she does not listen to my concerns and just says I look great all the time, her colleauge is now saying that if they cant get it right, I will need eye tightening lasers..They are always rushed and she just eye balled where she was putting the filler then afterwards she was gone in to her next patient.

Doctor Answers 4

Belotero and Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are unhappy with the injections I suggest that you return to your treating physician for examination.  If they cannot help you correct the issue then you should consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Belotero.  Best, Dr. Green

Switching doctors

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi there,
First and foremost I would recommend that you speak to your physician and give him/her the chance to address your concerns. If that doesn't help then maybe it is time to seek care elsewhere. Best regards. 

Suzanne A. Trott, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 22 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi & thank you for your question.

I would talk with your physician first so at least he/she has the opportunity to address your concerns. If you are still not satisfied I would seek care elsewhere.

Hope this helps

You might also like...

Results From Cosmetic Treatments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you are unhappy you should express this to your physician.  If they will not listen then it is best to seek a separate consultation from another physician that should develop a long term plan with you and establish a relationship.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.