Is it possible to get a hematoma/bruise after Belotero injection in the tear trough area?

Is this possible and how do you know if it really is an over-fill? I have discoloration bruising as well in the area and I am 4 days out from the injection day.

Belotero under Eyes

It is possible to bruise or over-fill any injection or bruise any area of the face with an injection.  I would suggest you wait two weeks to evaluate the full effects.  Best, Dr. Green

Tear troughs

I would wait for a full 2 weeks for all the swelling to go down to see what your final results are.

Kristin J. Tarbet MD, FACS
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero related bruising under the eye

At 4 days, it is too early to determine if the bruise will be permanent or if will resolve. I would wait 2 weeks before you revisit the provider who did the injection in the tear troughs.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist

Tear Trough Fillers -- Try Cannulas; hylauronidase if unhappy

Yes this area is easy to bruise and can get discolored for a few weeks after filler injection needle or cannula.  I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Belotero to tear trough

Yes it is possible to get bruising under the eyes post injection, it usually takes a few days to come out. Give it some time to settle, and if you are at all worried go back and see your injector for advice.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon