Follow up to my previous question: 10 units of Botox in frontalis, would a touch up help even if my forehead is over-treated?

Had 10 units Botox 8 days ago in my frontalis. In mid May I had 14 units of Botox in my glabella & lower brow . Looked great. The glabella treatment has made my eyes hooded & brow drop. And now I have my 11 line back -- odd as it wasn't there just a few days ago unless I really tried. Now it's even more noticeable than usual w/ lots of movement in frown lines. Is that from the weakened frontalis? Would a touch up there help even if my forehead is over-treated? Stressed & sad. Thank you.

Did too much botox make my brows heavy?

Wait a full two weeks before making any decision. This may be related to over-treatment of the forehead. The best option is usually to wait it out as more botox may worsen the problem.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Always wait 2 weeks post Botox treatment to assess results.

Always wait 2 weeks post Botox treatment to assess results. Schedule a follow up with your injector to discuss your concerns. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and Touchups

Wait 14 days before considering any additional treatment.  If the forehead was "over treated" then you have to wait till the botox has worn off (roughly 3-6 months).  Pictures would help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox

It would help if you posted some photos so that we can see what you're describing and figure out how to help.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Frontalis

To simplify the forehead, think of two separate muscle groups.  You have depressors and lifters Over injecting the frontalis will weaken the lifter and cause eye brow drop. You have that. Do not add more there. The elevens are caused by corrugators and procerus muscles. Injecting them should result in eye brow lifting centrally. If there is no overlap and the injections are placed correctly, the results are clean cut and separate. However, muscle overlap can occur altering the result. Proper dose and proper location is a must

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Botox

I would love to see your pics.  In my opinion, the glabellar Botox should produce a brow lift, and this has been shown in studies.  It's generally, the frontalis injections that cause the forehead and brow droop, unless, of course, the glabellar injections were done too far laterally, which would tend to cause a droop.  I generally place 20-24 units in the glabella.  If it appears that the brow will droop I only do the glabella.  I generally do 16-20 units in the frontalis.  It sounds like you needed more in the glabella and none in the frontalis, at least until the glabella took full effect.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist