Do I need mommy makeover? (photos)

Ok so I have plans to get breast augmentation. After extensive research I have chosen Dr. Guerra as my ps, his work us amazing! Now to actually have a consultation. I have been working out (pilates, elliptical and yoga) Losing weight from 146 I am now 137 and going. I am posting 2 pictures, one if my relaxed stomach and one of me sucking in my tummy. Is this something I can excercise to a flat sexy tummy or is a surgeon needed?

Mommy makeover

Hi there – thanks for the question.  Congratulations on the weight loss & keep up with the exercise!  At tummy tuck would remove any excess skin plus tighten the rectus muscles.  I always do some liposuction of the flanks as well to help create that overall hour glass shape – front & back.  Good luck! Best wishes,Dr. Michelle Spring

Mommy Makeover Candidate?

You look great! Congrats on your #weightloss through #exercise!That being said, parts of a #mommymakeover will be able to help you regain your appearance you had prior to #pregnancy.  A #tummytuck will tighten your abdominal muscles and give you a flat stomach.Additional procedures can include #liposuction or #UmbilicalHerniaRepair.
Book a consultation with a #boardcertified plastic surgeon to determine which procedures are best for you.

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be a candidate for a breast augmentation, tummy tuck and liposuction.   The tummy tuck will repair your muscles and liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Check the ASPS website to find a properly trained, board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy makeover needed?

Thank you for your inquiry and photos. You are candidate for a mommy makeover, you can have the 3 procedures done at once, tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast augmentation. You can choose to have the fat transferred to buttocks as well (brazilian buttlift) this is only if there is enough good fat to be transferred if this is desired. I suggest consulting it with your board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes! 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Thanks for the photos and questions. The photos suggest you have separation/ laxity of the abdominal muscles and perhaps some excess subcutaneous fat. Making the tummy flat  when the muscles are separated or stretched out requires an operation. A detailed exam is required to confirm these impressions and decide if you are a candidate for some type of tummy tuck. I hope you get the results you are looking for!

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

How to determine if tummy tuck is needed

Adding the tummy tuck to your breast augmentation makes it a mommy makeover, but it is not easy to determine whether the tummy tuck is the way to go based only on profile pictures. If there is a muscle separation (diastasis) then it would be repaired as part of the tummy tuck and cannot be corrected with exercise. If there is minimal skin looseness or it is limited only to the lower abdomen, then the muscle repair could be done with a mini tummy tuck using an umbilical float technique. All of this requires an in-person evaluation.

Richard Baxter, MD

Do I need a Mommy Makeover?

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you have laxity in your muscle layer, which will not improve with exercise. A tummy tuck will give you the flat stomach you are looking for and can be done safely at the time of your breast augmentation. Best of luck!

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

The abdominal muscles will need to be surgically tightened at the time of your tummy tuck to recreate the flat abdominal contour. Exercise alone will not give you the flattest result . Discuss this in more detail during your consultations with experienced plastic surgeons. You look like you should have a very nice result.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Dr derby

You are a great candidate for Tummy Tuck !   this situation cannot be restored with only exercises since the muscles have been stretched. I fully recommend a Tummy Tuck with some additional lipo. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make-over - do I need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Very smart question - you can not fix your tummy with exercise.
  • The stomach muscles are severely stretched -
  • You need a tummy tuck.
  • I assume you have finished having your family -
  • If not, wait until you have had all your children - pregnancy will undo the tummy tuck completely.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS