I am 5'5" and 184lbs and losing weight. Do I need a lift and implants?

I have lost about 22lbs in the last couple of months and have 30 or so to go. I've had two doctors tell me I need a lift and implants and the third said no lift was necessary but that he wanted to put in 600-750cc high profile silicone implants. Do I need a lift? I already have a 36D but I want them to perkier and full up top. I'm not sure which one I need and if the 600-750 cc will be too big for me? I don't mind it looking fake, but I don't want them huge! I want it to be right for my size.

It's a question, but without photos it's impossible to say.The size of the implant is determined by the width of your breast, the distance between your nipple and your crease, and your goals regarding the type of look that you hope to obtain (augmented versus natural).Whether you would benefit from a lift, depends on the location of your nipple in relation to the crease below your breast. When the nipple is at or above the crease, then you may do well with implants alone. If the nipple is below the crease, then a lift is typically needed to give a nice result.If you're unsure about how to proceed, consider additional consults with board-certified plastic surgeons or revisit the plastic surgeons that you have already had consults with. They should be willing to discuss all of your options and go over them in detail.

To lift or not to lift the breast with a breast augmentation, that is the question?

Hi KSchnautz,Thanks for your question. The answer to your question is based on what you want or dont want. It is pretty simple. If you dont want scar but a fuller look, then large implants will work but will NOT last as they will sag soon and you will need a revision and likely lift in the near future. If you get a lift then you will need smaller implants and the results will likely last a lot longer since the implants can be placed under the muscle but you will have more scars. Again, you have to understand the decision that you are making! Hope this helps. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #breastlift #breastaugmentation Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift and implants?

Good morning and thank you for using RealSelf.You did not provide any photos to help me give you an exact answer.  However, I do not like to place very large implants under a breast in order to avoid a lift and its scars.  That is not a good recommendation and will eventually fail in having to avoid a lift.  Do not do that.  It is recommended when a woman does not want the scars of a lift.The reality is that a properly performed breast lift by an experienced plastic surgeon will eventually lead to thin and faded scars easily hidden by bras and bathing suit tops.  The shape of a breast is more important than the size.  A large breast with loose skin (from not doing a lift) is not an attractive and more youthful looking breast.I do not see patients who have lifts and implants complain about the scars.  They are happy about the shape of the breast.Avoid a surgeon who wants to be large implants in an already D cup size breast.Hope this helps.Dr Spies

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

Thanks so much for your question.  It's impossible to tell you anything useful without either seeing you in person or having photos to look at through this site.  Additionally, if you really go on to loose another 30 pounds you might fundamentally change the shape of your breasts.  I would get closer to goal weight before you decide on a course of action.  You will otherwise being playing what if with yourself and surgeons and really not have a clear idea of your final breast shape.  Congrats on the weight loss.  It is very impressive to have lost that much weight.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, without any photos or an in person exam, a true determination as to which procedure or procedures would benefit you most cannot be made.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to fully evaluated.  During that consultation you will be able to discuss your surgical options, address your concerns and goals, and then work together to create a surgical plan that will help you best to achieve the overall look you desire.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD