Septoplasty, Rhinoplasty or none? (Photo)

I've thought about getting a nose surgery sinice I was 13. But with time I realised that when people get nose jobs there really isn't much difference on the front view. Of course u get to see the difference from a side view. However reading a lot of testimonies about people with a deviated septum like mine, who got it corrected, they say people around them haven't noticed the diff most times. But I am worried since I like to touch my nose a lot and that might damage the septum again or worsen it

Septoplasty, rhinoplasty or none?

A septoplasty is performed in the back of the nose to improve airflow dynamics, and is done for medical necessity. A septoplasty will not change the shape of the nose. A rhinoplasty is performed to change the shape of the nose, such as narrowing the tip, straightening the bridge line and reducing a dorsal hump. Both procedures can be performed simultaneously. A septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance once pre-authorization and medical necessity have been documented. A rhinoplasty must be paid for by the patient. For more information about the differences between the two procedures, please see the video below

Options for Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty.

Many patients who suffer with nasal airway obstruction from a deviated nasal septum benefit from correction of the obstruction with a septoplasty. Naturally, septoplasty for the inside of the nose does not address any cosmetic concerns. Also best not to manipulate your nose even in without surgery, as some damage may occur. For cosmetic changes, a rhinoplasty procedure is often combined at the same time and allows the patient the opportunity to improve the shape and appearance of the nose. Consult with a trusted Facial Plastic Surgery specialist for recommendations. Nice profile and front view enhancements could be considered and in an experienced surgeon's hands, you could expect attractive results. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon