After receiving Ultherapy treatment is been 5 days and I still look like a chipmunk?

I also feel my cheeks swell. My chin is still very thick, i still have bruces by the jaw line. I would like to know if this is normal. Thank you very much in advance.

Ultherapy Post Treatment

Hello there,

Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to lift and tighten loose skin over time. Ultherapy is the only non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses focused ultrasound to stimulate the growth of new collagen deep within the skin. 

After Ultherapy treatments, some patients may experience slight redness, swelling, tingling, or tenderness to the touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature. The post-op symptoms you are describing are normal, and will subside over the next several days. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy results

Bruising is possible after treatment with Ultherapy, though its not very common. The full results are seen after 2-3 months, so give it time to show

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Swelling and Ultherapy

Occasionally bruising and swelling may occur but should subside quickly.  You should contact your provider and discuss your concerns.  Ultherapy is a FDA approved, non-surgical, skin tightening treatments with very few side effects.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy

It's difficult to answer your question without picture, however bruising and swelling can occur. I would recommend following up with your provider for an evaluation.

BRUISING AFTER ULTHERAPY

Although bruising may happen with ultherapy, it would not last long. Without posting any pictures, it is not possible to provide you with a relevant response. Please discuss this matter with your doctor.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chipmunk Cheeks After Ultherapy

swelling and bruising may occur after an Ultherapy treatment and may take a couple of weeks to resolve. Follow up with your treatment provider if you have any concerns. Best wishes. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Ultherapy and swelling

Thanks for your question. Most clients who receive Ultherapy have some soft tissue swelling briefly (a day or so), and I would say 1 out of 10 gets that bruising at the jawline- when that occurs then swelling in that region could last longer. I wouldn't call what you describe abnormal, but it is not common. This soft tissue edema should go down gradually. Some people swell more than others with anything, even dermal filler injection. Try taking arnica tablets and bromelain tablets to speed resolution of swelling. And certainly let the Ultherapist know what is going on if you have not done so already. 

best,

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician