Can the Fraxel 1927 be used to treat certain areas of the face only?

Fraxel = very versatile

The Fraxel 1927 is a versatile device that is especially effective on treating sun damage and hyper pigmentation but will also improve texture such as fine lines. It can be used as a spot treatment for certain areas of the face or body or can be used as a full face treatment. It can also be used elsewhere such as the neck, chest, or hands. Other than directly over the eyes or over permanent makeup, there is virtually nowhere on the face we can't treat. Many of these devices are dependent on skin type, so make sure you see someone who has a lot of experience dealing with different skin colors and skin conditions.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel 1927 nm

The 1927 nm wavelength of the Fraxel Dual device is great for surface irregularities and hyper pigmentation. It could be used to treat certain parts of the face. Generally though I recommend patients get full face treatments to avoid an lines of demarcation.

Of note, the Fraxel Dual device can be used on other parts of the body as well including the neck, chest, arms, and hands. 

Fraxel dual for full face and beyond

One of the benefits of the fraxel dual is that both the 1550nm and the 1927 nm wavelengths can be used on the full face and beyond - to the neck, chest, arms, hands etc.  Even if a patient has a focal complaint like discoloration on the cheek or forehead or fine lines around the eyes, I recommend at least one full face treatment to get the benefits of improved texture and color.  Most of my patients do the face and neck at the same time and a large number do the chest at the same time.I hope that answer is helpful. Best wishes!

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Fraxel DUAL laser

The Fraxel 1927 wavelength is an effective laser for treating sun damage and brown spots.  Any area can be treated or just isolated areas of the face if desired.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

All areas can be treated with the 1927 FRAXEL

One of the best lasers (bar the consumables)- this is a magic wavelength that can treat sun damage, pigmentation and also fine lines. It can be used on all areas of the face, including the eyelids and even the ears, neck , check and the body. Of all the Fraxel lasers, this is the most versatile. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel 1927 Wavelength

Fraxel laser a the 1927 wavelength for treating pigmentation of the face. It can absolutely be used for pigmented areas of chin or forehead or special areas.  Best, Dr. Green