Will my bra size change after the swelling goes down from my BA?

It's a week after my ba and I'm a 32ddd in Victoria's secret after the swelling does down how much will I get smaller? Will I go down to a dd or just become a smaller ddd

Shrinking of breast swelling

In my experience with breast augmentation, there is no more than a 10 to 15% decrease in size as the swelling resolves. Also, as the implant falls into the bottom of the pocket created for it, the volume that was once too high now sits behind the areola and actually in one dimension makes the breast look bigger. I know of no patient in my practice that lost a complete cup size when her swelling went down. Hope this is helpful.

Shrinking of breast swelling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Will my bra size change after the swelling goes down?

First of all thank you for the question. It does take up to 4-6 weeks for swelling to subside.  I usually will size my patients at their 6 week appointment.  I would recommend holding off on buying new bras until your implants have settled in the pocket and swelling has diminished.  Best of Luck. 

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Online consultants will not be able to predict, with any reliability/accuracy, what cup size you will end up wearing. You will need to go bra shopping/fitting; in my practice, I ask patients to wait 3 to 6 months before doing so. Don't be surprised, at that time, if you end up different wearing different bra cup sizes, depending on who makes the bra.

Generally speaking, I ask my patients not to communicate their goals and/or evaluate the outcome of breast surgery in terms of achieving a specific cup size ( given the variability in the measurement of cup sizes…). Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with, regardless of the specific cup size achieved.

BBA surgery and size

It takes a few months to see your final results from breast augmentation surgery. It is important to follow all post operative instructions. Best of luck!

BBA surgery and size

Bra Size

Thanks for your question and congrats on your surgery.  You breasts will decrease a bit in size over the coming weeks and will settle in at about 3-6 months.  Make sure to follow your surgeon's instructions regarding what type of bra to wear during the early post-operative period.

Cheers,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Bra Size

Cheers,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Bra size

Thank you for your question. I tell all my patients that it takes 4-5 months for your implants to settle and all the swelling to resolve. Yes I believe your bra size should go down as the swelling resolves. Best of luck

Bra size