Liposuction Recovery and Pain?

How long is recovery and downtime for liposuction of stomach, hips, thighs? Is it a painful recovery? How long does it take to see results? I have around 2,000 cc to remove withbdine that would be replaced in to form shaped buttocks

Liposuction recovery

Recovery from liposuction is usually much easier than other more invasive procedures. Most of my patients can go back to light duty type work within a few days and return to the gym within 10-14 days.

Liposuction Recovery

Thank you for your question.  Recovery after a liposuction procedure is quite variable and depends largely on a patients pain/discomfort tolerance and which areas or how many areas are being treated.  With that said, most patients bounce back from a liposuction procedure quite quickly and are generally able to return to work after about 48 hours.  

Generally speaking, liposuction tends to be a much faster and easier recovery than more invasive procedures but does involve some downtime and several weeks out of the gym.  In my practice, patients usually return to work within a few days of their liposuction procedure but are asked to avoid all exercising and heavy lifting for 4 weeks and compression garments are also typically recommended to help reduce some of the post-operative swelling that patients will experience.  Final results can take 6-12 months, but after the first 3-4 months patients can really see a noticeable difference in the way their clothing fits and their new body contour.  I hope this helps and I wish you the best!

Liposuction recovery

Typically you can do anything after liposuction that you are not too sore to do. Most people return to work a few days later. Most people return to the gym within two weeks.

Liposuction After care includes RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra) Cellutone/zwave

Most people return to work within 5-7 days after liposuction. Tenderness may last a few weeks. Swelling can persist for 3-6 months. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer

Recovery and pain

Thanks for your question. The recovery for liposuction usually is very fast. We recommend one week of rest. Then 2 weeks of moderate rest, here the patient can start doing his or her normal duties. From the 6th week the patient can return to the gym. Results can start to be seem within 2 to 3 weeks but final results will come after six months to a year depending on the lifestyle of the patient. The pain is weill tolerate from our patients, this will depend on each doctor treatment after the surgery. Good luck!!!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Liposuction recovery

Thank you for asking about your liposuction recovery and fat transfers to your buttocks.

• Liposuction recovery depends on how much fat in removed (among other factors).
  • Usually recovery from a 2 L liposuction will be 24 hours of fluid drainage, 2-3 days of pain, 5 - 7 days of severe stiffness and many weeks during which the stiffness and swelling subside.
  • Most people can return to work in 5 - 7 days -
  • But with fat transfers to your buttocks, you will not be able to sit for 2 weeks.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction and fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back can be performed with fat grafting to your buttocks.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  The average recovery time to return to work is 5-7 days.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction Recovery and Pain?

With modern techniques recovery from liposuction is rather short and relatively easy.  Most patients are mobile though slightly tender after 5 to 7 days.  Tenderness and was bruising are usually gone within two weeks although swelling will diminish over a 6 to 12 week time frame. Most patients look better immediately after the procedure once the bandages are removed.  Best wishes and enjoy your results,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction recovery quit quick

Recovery from liposuction is rather rapid.   With stomach, thighs and flanks you fell quite good after 4 or 5 days and many patients go back to work.    On the other hand pain perception is difficult to predict so leave yourself 10 days just in case you need them.     My Best,   Dr Commons