Cost of new implants?

My insurance agreed to pay for my removal of both breast implants so I'm curious I want to hv new ones put in at same time so therefore what would be the approximate cost since I'll already be under sedation and the O. R. Will already be paid for.

Venus goddess of beauty

Dear Venus1968,The cost for insertion of new breast implants will vary based on many factors.  Since you already have insurance approval for removal, you must have a plastic surgeon.  He/she can give you an exact cost!  Good luck!

Some hospitals or surgery centers  will charge an additional fee for reinsertion of the implant.  They may consider that additional operating room time, and subsequently can add on additional charge.  It's very individualized based on  the physician's agreement  with the surgical facility.  However, the physician should be able to give you the upfront cost to have this done.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

The price varies from location to location, neighborhood to neighborhood, and surgeon to surgeon.  I charge $4950 for Saline (Everything Included: OR and Anesthesia) and $5800 for Silicone (Everything Included: OR and Anesthesia).  Most importantly, I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Best wishes!Dr. DesaiHarvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

The cost for implant placement will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  If done at a hospital( assuming your insurance company is paying for the removal) you will be responsible for hospital fees associated with the cosmetic portion.

Cost of replacement implants

Some insurance companies will pay for removal, particularly for capsular contracture but replacement turns the case cosmetic if performed in the same surgical sitting.  They don't subsidize cosmetic surgery in the least.