I have been getting Botox in my forehead for many years this time swelling and blue?

Swelling and bruising after Botox

Thank you for your question Madelyn rucci. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. With any injection there is a risk for swelling and bruising, which typically last no more than two weeks. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Swelling and Blue after Botox

Thanks for you question. It is not uncommon to have swelling and bruising after Botox. The bruise should subside in a couple days. It is always a good idea to follow up with your injector to be evalutated if you are worried or having other side effects.

Best wishes!

Blue after Botox

It sounds like you may have developed a bruise under your skin after the Botox injection needle hit a vein. This will resolve on its own in a week or so. The resolution of the bruise can be sped up with a laser/light therapy like the VBeam perfecta or other similar device.

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and bruise after Botox injection

Both swelling and bruising are not uncommon after Botox injection and usually resolve a few days after treatment. If you are worried that this is something other than swelling or bruising, then I recommend you followup in person with your treating physician. 

Swelling after Botox

It is common to get some swelling post Botox treatments.  I would contact your treating nurse/physician regarding any other side effects you are experiencing.

Swelling and blue after botox

Most likely you had some bleeding under the skin after the injections. This can result in a small hematoma ( colection of blood ) that creates a swollen look. This will also produce the blue color you describe. The good news is that it will go away. The bad news is that it may take a few weeks.

Charles T. Slack, MD
Mckinney Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Swelling can occur after injection. Not sure why it would appear blue. You would have to show photos. If you are concerned, then I suggest you see your doctor that injected you.

Swelling and blue after Botox

You most likely have some bruising from the injections. This can happen with any injections including Botox. It is nothing to worry about and resolves on it's own in 5-10 days. You can make it go away faster with IPL (intense pulse light) or a PDL (pulse dye laser). Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Swelling and blue after Botox

It is hard to say what is going on without pictures. I would discuss this with your provider. Bruising could cause the blue you are experiencing. Swelling is usually mild and should resolve in a day or 2. Some attribute brow dropping to swelling and this is not the case. It is related to improper injection in the forehead.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Likely a bruise

Your story suggest a likely bruise at an injection site (although of course, it's difficult to tell without a photo or an exam).  Bruising is a possibility with any injection, and resolves with time; this will not affect the results of your Botox treatment, in all likelihood.  Time, icing, topical/ oral Arnica/ bromelain preparations, and IPL (intense pulsed light) or PDL (pulsed dye laser) may be helpful in speeding the resolution of the bruise.  Check in with your treating physician for reassurance and advice.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon