Cost of primary rhinoplasty in Connecticut?

I have been doing a lot of research on doctors and seem to find a huge variance in the cost of rhinoplasty. Some go for as little as $4,000 while others are $17,000 +. I'm curious what a fair or even average price in Connecticut would be for primary rhinoplasty and how much price translates to skill of a surgeon?

Rhinoplasty

Agree with my colleagues.. It is important to understand that your surgeon performs a significant number of rhinoplasty cases and understands your goals... 

Rhinoplasty fees

The fee will vary from surgeon to surgeon and in different areas of the country.. It is hard to quantify talent to cost. I would caution about really low prices though. I am some where in them middle of the fees you  mentioned. It depends upon the extent of work necessary. Best of luck

Rhinoplasty cost

Hello and thank you for your question. Cost of rhinoplasty varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Much more important than this, however, is finding the right surgeon for you.  It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Cost of Rhinoplasty

I do not recommend picking a surgeon based on price. Look for referrals from patients, your doctor, reputation and reviews. Do your research, and look for board certification as one of the basics. Get two consults at least if not sure after your first. Good luck

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Cost of rhinoplasty, location, what is included in the cost of a rhinoplasty

Dear esdmn,

My first advice to you is not to choose your surgeon based on price.  There can be as broad a variable in the skill of the surgeon as there is in in the price.  Choose your surgeon based on his reputation and referrals from patients and fellow physicians.  In comparing the cost of a rhinoplasty it can be apples and oranges.  Some rhinoplasty quotes receive will reflect only the surgeons the others may include all aspects including the anesthesiologist, the lab work, and the facility charges.  If any functional work is necessary to improve the airway then insurance reimbursement may become involved.  If you are considering a cosmetic rhinoplasty it will not the  covered by insurance.

To reiterate do not choose your surgeon based on the fee !

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon