Do I need tummy tuck revision to address mons pubis looseness? (Photos)

I had an abdominoplasty around three years ago. I wanted to ask if you think I would benefit from a revision tummy tuck and mons pubis lift? If you look at my photos you can see that I can pinch and pull up my mons pubis. When I bend forward the mons hangs slightly. If I do need a TT or monsplasty where would the scar be? Any other suggestions?

Potential Assistance of TT Revision

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.

Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result. If you find that your loose skin is bothering you it would be good to visit with your plastic surgeon to help determine you are far enough in the healing process to be prepared for a revision and what would best help reach your desired final results.

Do I need tummy tuck revision to address mons pubis looseness?

When sitting, everyone has loose skin. A mons lift with a little abdominal skin excision may help things. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Mons pubis lift and revision abdominoplasty

Based on these photos it appears that your abdominoplasty scar was placed a bit higher than needed. This gives impression of too large and saggy mons pubis. Lowering abdominal scar entirely or just in the central portion would create tightening and lift of mons and visually decrease mons size. Distance from the abdominal scar to upper pole of labia majora should not exceed 7-9 cm in order to keep a youthful mons appearance. 

You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon with good reputation in abdominal rejuvenation. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Mons plasty

Hi, thanks for your question. 

From what you're describing, a mons-plasty using your existing incision is probably going to give you the better result. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX