Procedures regarding a cheek lift?

Male, 39 & in good health. The cheeks on my face have become quite saggy. Bad acne as a teenager left me pockmarked in that area and now this sagginess is amplifying that issue as well as giving me jowels & a huge diagonal eyebag on the right side of my face plus nasolabial folds. I have very nice cheekbones which were always obscured before by my plump face so I'd like to investigate some sort of lift to pull the droop and maybe make some improvements which were there before but obscured.

Cheek lift

The malar area is the most projecting part of the midface skeleton. It is what we consider the "cheekbone." Prominent malar bones are considered attractive. Hence, the malar area is frequently augmented with implants. Oftentimes, a deficiency in cheek prominence is part of a more generalized deficiency in the midface skeleton. For that reason, malar (cheek) implants are often used in combination with other implants - most frequently, with infraorbital rim implants, which build up the area directly beneath the eye.

Cheek lift

The cheek lift that I perform is technically called a Subperiosteal Mid-face Lift.  This is very good method to improve or restore the upper cheek fullness, by vertically lifting the entire cheek.  This allows the cheek soft tissue to be re-positioned to the level of the eye socket bone, giving the area around your lower eyes a fresh rested appearance. This can be combined with a SMAS facelift to restore the youthful appearance of the the neck, as well.

David M. Creech, MD
Chandler Plastic Surgeon

Uncovering Your Cheekbones-Cheek Lift Options

A combination approach will be needed to address both the lift you want and the skin texture. I find fillers work best in this area, and/or fat with PRP. There are skin tightening procedures as well that can be used, in place of surgery if you are a candidate for a non invasive approach. For pockmarked skin: This will require a series of treatments including TCA cross, peels, fillers and possibly laser treatments (clear + Brilliant, aerolase etc). I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Male, 39 & in good health. The cheeks on my face have become quite saggy. Bad acne as a teen and now have jowls.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

**Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  
**Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
**Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.  A lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can reduce the lower lid fat bags.

Hope this helps.

Facial aesthetic procedures.

You have described issues with possible laxity of your cheeks and skin quality issues as well as eyelid issues. These may all be addressed in different ways depending what is really going on. Seek out a plastic surgeon in your area with facial surgery experience to get these questions answered.