Middle part of my nose turned red 2 months after rhinoplasty. I had the ear cartilage done. I'm so worried (Photo)

Hi I had my nose rhinoplastic and ear cartilage done in beginning of September . Just notice that two weeks ago the middle part of my skin turned red. I had emailed the surgeon and he said it would go away in few months time . But I'm so worried just incase getting worst in another few months . What cause it and will they go away ? Need professional advice

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 2 months after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty redness

Great question. Everyone's body and face is unique this everyone responds uniquely to surgery. Though redness after rhinoplasty is not the typical postop process it is common enough and does go away as long as just cartilage and no foreign material was placed in your nose. Hopefully this is reassuring. Please remember to use sunblock spf 50 or higher on your nose daily for the next 1 year after surgery. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is difficult to tell from the picture. I see the redness but also some redness in the cheeks and under your eyes. If you get areas of redness around your face you may want to consider allergies or what skin products you use. If your nose is tender or painful these are definite warning symptoms that you should see your surgeon. The redness should improve not worsen with time. If there is any worsening you would be best served seeing your surgeon again.

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon