IPL photo rejuvenation session. Is this normal and does this look like Melasma or sun damage? (Photo)

Hi I got a ipl photo rejuvenation done 24 hours ago. My forehead instantly went dark brown , does this look like melasma instead of sun damage over the years and is it normal to go like this.

IPL results

Hi billglen2003,

Thanks for the question and picture.  Pigment changes after IPL are expected.  There can be a darkening of the skin that lasts long called Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation (PIH).  This doesn't look like that, but it would be worth seeing your doctor to see if they can help minimize the effect.  

Hope that helps.

Dr. B