I am 2 weeks post op, 450cc mentor implants and I got it dual plane. Swelling & pain; what could be causing this? (Photo)

My left breast seems to have dropped and not much pain where as my right breast still seems quite high and has become more swollen and painful (swelling and pain started 2 days ago) What could be causing this?

High and swollen....

Thanks for this post with photos. This may be normal or a fluid collection into the right breast. I suggest you have an examination by your plastic surgeon to check for late hematoma. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

I am 2 weeks post op, 450cc mentor implants and I got it dual plane. Swelling & pain; what could be causing this?

I am sorry to hear of your discomfort following breast augmentation.  You need an examination in person by your plastic surgeon. The new onset of swelling and pain could indicate a seroma or hematoma.  If one of these has occurred treatment is necessary, thus you should see your plastic surgeon and possibly have an ultrasound.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing.  Based on your description and photograph, I would be concerned that there is a problem with bleeding (hematoma) on your right side. Best to follow up with your plastic surgeon ASAP for evaluation. Best wishes.

Possible late hematoma

At 2 weeks postop you are still at risk of getting a hematoma if your heart rate and blood pressure get too high and a blood vessel springs a leak. Since this sounds like a NEW change, this is more likely than just routine postop swelling and needs rapid evaluation by your plastic surgeon.