How to fix my bent nose? (Photo)

Though already I have a previous post about this topic but I haven't given proper informationI about my nose bent and other problems. I can breath with only left nasal aperture and my right is totally block due to bent cartilage . I noticed it since I was 21 yrs old but it was not that bent, but now it seems becoming more and more and even if i smile it gets too much bent. If I get cold and left nasal aperture get block then I have to breath from mouth and thats the problem. Please advise.

Rhinoplasty

A dorsal reduction, septoplasty, and nasal bone infracture would all be indicated to straighten your nose and improve your breathing.   Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Full septorhinoplasty needed

A full septorhinoplasty including spreader grafts or even rib if your septum is too damaged will be needed to straighten your nose as much as possible ( 100% straight is not possible ) and to make you breathe dramatically better - ideally it should be an open rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

You look like a good candidate for a rhinoplasty which would also require spatial work to correct your deviation.

Septo rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from osteotomies and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  This can also improve your breathing.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Septorhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty’s to have a nasal examination done and an accurate suggestion on how to correct the problems you are having breathing and with the appearance etc. You may benefit from a septorhinoplasty considering you are having trouble with your breathing. Anything that is medically necessary can be put through your insurance to see if they will cover it. Anything cosmetic such as straightening your nose or reducing the tip/nostrils etc will have to be self-paid, most practices will offer payment plans for this. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Septorhinoplasty for function and form

Thanks for your question.  I would recommended seeking a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon experienced in the field of rhinoplastic surgery in your area.  You are likely a candidate for a septorhinoplasty that would involve straightening of the internal cartilage framework of the nose, together with realignment of your nasal bones.  This will certainly improve both your nasal breathing and the outward appearance of your nose.

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon