Will a 400cc mod plus implant look too big on a 34b chest? I hav quite a small frame, I would like a natural look?

The interpretation of "natural looking" varies greatly from patient to patient and from surgeon to surgeon.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 34 C-D and a 38 C-D are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. There is also no direct correlation between an implant size or shape and resultant cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

Choosing the right size, shape and placement of implant depends on any number of factors all of which require an in person exam. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Make sure to bring photos of your desired "look" to help him or her understand your desired outcome. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Implant Size Selection

In recommending implant size, I consider my patients' anatomy (chest height, weight, shape, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. Please share your "wish" photos with your plastic surgeon. After examining your body and understanding your goal, your plastic surgeon will make a recommendation.
Implants come in different type (saline, silicone), shape (anatomic, round), volume, and profile. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Dr. Kim

Implant size

An in person exam is necessary to check the dimensions of your breasts. Then the profile and size of implant can be better chosen.

Small frames should have small breasts naturally.

Few women with a small frame have large breasts.  So, a D or DD cup on a small frame would be viewed as most as "fake."  However, our view of a "natural" breast has changed over the years thanks to padded bras.  I think 400 is a bit generous -- maybe consider 325?  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Http://www.atlplasticsurgeon.com/breast-surgery-atlanta/

Sizing for a breast augmentation is so key! It's by far the longest component of the consult as it is the most important. Several things will help keep your appearance natural. Mainly adjusting the base width of the implant and appropriately choosing your projection. Your surgeon can do this by taking some measurements and completing a sizing exam. 

Bahair Ghazi, MD

Small Frame B cup with 400 cc implants

Without examining you in person I can only generalize.  Having said that my reaction is that a 400 cc implant is definitely on the large side and likely to get you into approximately a 32 D cup (or DD) size.  That assumes that you even have adequate skin to accept a 400 cc implant.  For some that might seem "natural" however I tend to be more conservative and would say my average implant size is approximately 320-340 ccs.  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine size. It is important that the size of the implant looks accord to your shape

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implant size

It is difficult to tell you what implants would be right for you without an exam in person. Best of luck.

Implants, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you better information of your interest. 
The rule is:
higher implant volume = greater weight over skin = greater breast fall.
In this regard, the main purpose of including an implant when we make a breast lift is to provide breast consistency, rather than just providing much volume.

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD