3 months post lower blepharoplasty (lateral pads only) and still swollen. Getting very worried. (photos)

Residual Fat

It appears that you may have some retained or under corrected lateral fat.  This is a common area of under correction.  However, I recommend waiting a few more months for swelling to subside even more.  You may also need a separate procedure to vertically lengthen the lower eyelid at the same time.  Let your surgeon make his assessment at this time and establish a follow up plan.

Regards,

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat pad?

You may still have a residual lateral fat pad, as this is the most common fat pad that is often under treated.  But you need to wait longer.

Less that ideal photos. There is no substitute for an actual examination.

You may have residual orbital fat.  What I see, is a pulled down atrophic lower eyelid from blepharoplasty.  If you are having chronic eye irritation, the lower eyelids will benefit from being reconstructed.  If there are issues with the lower eyelid fat contour, this can be addressed with the surgical reconstruction.

Lower eyelid

From your photos if appears you may have some residual lateral fat pad. 3 months is still early in the healing phase. It may take a few more months for things to settle down.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid surgery

At 3 months after surgery, the vast majority of the swelling should be gone, but there is still healing that is in progress.  Your photo appears to show a persistent lateral fat pad and retraction of your lower eyelids.  I'd recommend returning to your surgeon and discussing this with him/her.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon