Do I really need an uplift? (photo)

I'm 20 years old and have been told different things by different surgeons, I in my early teens just after development of very large breasts (at a young age dd/e cup) developed anorexia and lost weight until I was 5 stone, I've been in recovery from when I was 18 and have now full recovered and would do anything for my breasts back, I love for my body but want to have an augmentation to how they where. However the skin on my breasts isn't as tight, could I get away with a ba without an uplift.

Do I really need a breast uplift?

Thank you for your question.  It would help to have a side view of your breast to determine if your nipple is above the inframammary crease, the fold beneath your breast. If the nipple is higher than the fold under your breast then you have glandular ptosis or sagging.  In that case a dual plane breast augmentation may be all that you need.  My suspicion based only on the front photo is that you can get away with a dual plane breast augmentation or implants on top of the muscle without a lift.  However you need to be prepared that there is a chance that after implantsyou may need a secondary breast lift done several months later.  And in person exam by an experienced cosmetic breast surgeon who is board-certified should be helpful.  For more information please read the link below

Benefit of a Lift with Augmentation

Implants without a lift is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.  They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples is in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping , an implant may be useful.

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy.  This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.  The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. 

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Uplift or augment

It is hard to give a definite answer without examining you, but it appears from your photos that your problem is that of less volume in your breasts than a droop in your breasts. You probably have a grade 1 ptosis (droop) of your breasts. There are a couple of things that you need to decide. Firstly, what size would you like your breasts to be? If you desire a fair increase in volume of your breasts (but within the confines of your breast base diameter), then augmentation on its own may be what you wish to have. However, you do need to understand that you may continue to have some degree of droop and the fact that you will have heavy implants may drag down on the skin envelope, making the breast droopy in future. Secondly, would you mind the additional scars that go with an uplift procedure. If you do not want too much of an increase in volume of your breasts and don't mind the additional scars, then you would be ideally suited for an uplift with a small implant. You do need to wary of the fact that you are only 20 and that you seem to have a relatively small breast base diameter and the implant has to be of a volume that sits comfortably within this.