Is surgery my only option for weight gain?

Ive gained 70lb mostly around my middle section during menopause no photos to show at moment.

Surgery is definitely not the only option to help with weight loss.

If you are eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly but not seeing any weight loss progress, talk to your internist or general practitioner to rule out any issues that could be affecting your health. Once you are able to get to a healthy weight, you may be stuck with hanging skin or persistent fat deposits. If this is the case, book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss contouring procedures that can help.  

No, I would suggest that you start with your internist for a complete medical workup; rule out problems (such as hypothyroidism) that may lead to difficulty with weight loss. As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.

Plastic surgical procedures are generally not designed for "weight loss" concerns.   Actually, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.