Rhinoplasty to correct broken nose asymmetry from front. (photos)

I have asymmetry in my nose due to when I broke it at a young age and I just want it a bit more refined at the tip ,thinned and straightened slightly. The photo provided shows my nose to the right and my rough photoshopping to the left of what I'd like it to be closer to. What would need to be done to achieve this or roughly this? I have a slight bump from the side but I actually don't mind it much. (My lips look swollen in this photo due to fillers the day before!) Thank you x

Rhinoplasty to correct broken nose asymmetry from front.

The shape of the nose is as important as the size of it. In different cultures and populations the nose has some special characteristics; therefore it is really important to know these facts and assess the patient based on these facts. Female and male face structures and lines are completely different from each other. This is one of the other facts that should be kept in mind both during the consultation and the surgery itself. Since the nose is the most prominent organ of the face; patients can have different desires and requests from the rhinoplasty operation. To understand the patient’s needs and desires is the most important step of the rhinoplasty operation.

Rhinoplasty to Correct Broken Nose

It’s difficult to assess your situation based solely on photos, however your concerns are definitely correctable. I would suggest scheduling an in-person consultation with highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon with many years of rhinoplasty experience, as he/she can better evaluate your situation and determine an outcome that best suits both your health and aesthetic desires.

Can be corrected with rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for the question. Although it is not very easy to assess all aspects of a nose from a single plane photo, considering your expectations, correcting deviation and refine the tip area is achievable with a rhinoplasty. Your slight bump can be rasped down, deviated bridge can be straightened with spreader grafts and osteotomies, your tip can be modified with suture and grafting techniques if so desired. 

Best regards,

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. From what I can tell in your photo, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to thin out and straighten the bridge of the nose and a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. This can be performed through either an open or close rhinoplasty depending on the surgeons technique and preferences. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon