Dark blood-looking bruising, 3 days post-op. Is this normal? (Photo)

I noticed this afternoon I had some dark blood looking bruising, I emailed my nurse and she said it looked normal and then by the evening it had developed worse... I'm three days post op, 330cc dual plane teardrop. It's only on one breast

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Seems OK

It seems OK but best to send these to your surgeon for their opinion.

A formal recheck would be the best.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

A small amount of bruising after breast augmentation can be normal.  It is impossible to say for certain what is going on without examining your breasts in person.  If you have concerns about your healing you should call your surgeon right away to been evaluated.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon