What kind of breast lift would be most suitable? 19 year old female (Photos)

I would like a breast lift and implants in order to achieve a more teardrop shaped breast. I want more fullness on the bottom and an overall perkier, higher look. What kind of breast lift surgery would make this happen? My breasts have always been this shape, gaining and losing weight just makes them bigger/smaller versions of this.

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a wise pattern breast lift. Your nipple sits below the inframammary fold and without a lift in addition to the implant, this will not have a natural shape.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

All lifts give a scar around the nipple

Hello there.  You are right in thinking that there are different types of lift but I would not get too bogged down in this.  The important thing is to find a surgeon who you feel that you get on with and who has got good results because surgeons with different experiences can produce good results with different techniques.

All types of breast lift give a scar around the nipple as the nipple is lifted and this can be the most noticeable scar.  There are then others which also have a vertical extension down from the nipple (lollipop) with or without a horizontal extension in the fold of your breast (anchor or inverted T shape scar).

In my hands, the technique that just involves a scar around the nipple does not give a good lift and I usually do the vertical extension together with a horizontal extension to a variable degree depending on the amount of skin that I am removing.

There is not substitute for an in person consultation and so look for a plastic surgeon in your area talk about what you might be able to expect from surgery.  I have written a book about how to choose a plastic surgeon 'Never Accept A Lift From Strangers - how to choose the best plastic surgeon for your cosmetic breast surgery' that you might find helpful.

What kind of breast lift would be most suitable? 19 year old female

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Very careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make (more important than the specific type of breast lift and operation performed). Whether you undergo a vertical mastopexy or "anchor" pattern mastopexy will depend on your physical examination and plastic surgeons evaluation/experience.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, MD. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area 

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

In my opinion I think that a lollipop incision will allow a good amount of reshaping of the breast and will yield a better result than just a peri-areolar incision.

Julio Garcia, MD

Lollipop lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, a lollipop or vertical breast lift should be appropriate.  If you wanted upper pole fullness, implants could be added.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Type of breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos. From what I can see you have significant ptosis (sagging).  The surgery you choose will really depend on your goals.  If you just want them higher with a better shape, then a standard mastopexy (lift) would be appropriate.  However, the lift will not give you fullness in the upper breast.  If you desire upper pole fullness, then you should consider a breast implant in combination with your lift.  Best wishes. 

Breast lift with implants

Based on your photos, you should be able to achieve a lifted, attractive breast with a vertical mastopexy and implants.  I don't believe a more limited donut/Benelli-type lift will be effective for you given your degree of laxity, but you are not so relaxed that you need an extensive anchor-lift.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in augmentation/mastopexy to be sure.