I've had a full abdominoplasty on 17th August this year.

I still have an overflap, which I think is much more noticeable than before. I have a bump when I put my skirt or trousers on all the way round to my hips, I did have quite a lot of fluid removed for 2 weeks after the op. I am at this point very disappointed with my result. Would you suggest I return to see my surgeon? Also, I still have a lot of tightening in my stomach area. 

This may be due to residual skin or fluid collection.  As another surgeon said below I would recommend you return to your surgeon. It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Full tummy tuck this year

I would recommend you return to your surgeon.  Discuss with him/her your concerns, he is the best person to answer your questions and concerns as he/she knows the details of how and what exactly was done.

Best of luck to you. *

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon, he/she is the only one that knows exactly what was done and how things were sutured.  At this point I'd expect the swelling to have gone down.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Problems at 3 months post-op after tummy tuck should be evaluated by your surgeon

Most assuredly I believe that you should return to your treating surgeon to discuss the problems that you are having with your tummy tuck.  They are the one who did your surgery and understands best what was done and how.  This is often important to correlate current results to technique.  First, they will want to evaluate you to make sure that there is nothing medically wrong or in need of immediate intervention, like a persistent fluid collection.  They will also want to evaluate you in person for your progress in healing and any aesthetic issues you may have.  While it is still on the early side of the healing curve, and things will continue to change for awhile, in many instances we can already "see the writing on the wall" by this point, and if there is something that needs revision, you may need to discuss that as well.  In the event that your surgeon is not responsive to your needs or does not provide you with answers and advice that seem sound, it is fair to seek a second opinoin with another properly qualified and certified surgeon.  Best of luck.

Noticeable "overflap" 3 months post abdominoplasty.

In my opinion, you should definitely return to your treating plastic surgeon again. She/he will be best able to evaluate your individual situation. At three months post-op a large portion of the swelling from surgery should be resolved, however, there could still be some amount of swelling contributing to your "overflap". If in fact your condition is worse than pre-op, it might be an appropriate time for a revision. It may be best to wait until 6 months postoperatively to evaluate whether a revision is required though. If you are not satisfied at that point with your result, it might be time to consult a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon.